Thursday, March 31, 2011

5 Minute Friday: A few of my favorite things...


Linking up with the very tired by oh-so-blessed Gypsy Mama again this week. How I love this woman's blog! As always, 5 minutes on the clock of unedited thoughts on the topic at hand - this week? A few of my favorite things...

GO:

With the opening disclaimer that my absolute favorite things in all the world aren't things at all, but rather people and experiences - I will submit the following list, restricted - for the purposes of this exercise - to actual things:

My Macintosh laptop computer, graciously given to me at my retirement by the church I served for 14 years

My books - every last one of them - and there are way too many to count (though I am culling a bit as I move out of my office at the church s-l-o-w-l-y in this new year). Tops on that list are anything by Eugene Peterson/Frederick Buechner/Madeleine L'Engle (except that novel about David!)/Barbara Brown Taylor/Walter Brueggeman/Marilynne Robinson and too many others to count

Anything created for me by my grandchildren - from photographs to primitive drawings

The 100 year old oak tree in our front yard

The 60-70 year old ginko tree in our side yard

The view out my bedroom windows (all right, I'll admit - that's not a thing, either!)

Our home - love it, love it

My daughter's wonderful artwork

Photographs of all those I love more than life - and there are a whole lotta those, too!

STOP

Pictures added later:
The oak tree - recently "laced" to prevent breakage and toppling after losing a wonderful old friend in another part of the yard.
A little bit of the gingko outside our bedroom
a peek at the house we've loved and welcomed so many to since 1997
All of us as of August of last year - such gifts these dear ones are!