Friday, August 10, 2012

Garden Glory: Summer Weekend - August 10-12

Every day I walked circles in the parking lot.
We sat a lot during the School for Spiritual Direction
and I needed the exercise. 
So, I walked in circles, 
round and round the lowest level of the parking lot.
And every day, I noticed a lovely garden just below me.
Twice each week, volunteers came to weed and water.
It took me two summers,
two weeks each summer,
to actually stroll down into that garden below me.
 And I discovered something wonderful.
An historic garden,
filled with flowers and fruits and vines
that were in use during the late 18th and
early 19th centuries, during the era of the missions
and Spanish rule of Alta and Baja California.  












 A lovely small piece of summer serendipity in the middle of an intense time. 

"Serendipity is the faculty of finding things we did not know we were looking for." 
Glauco Ortolano 

"May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.
2 Thessalonians 2:15-16, The Message

Joining with Michelle, Sandy and Deidra this beautiful summer weekend: