Friday, June 03, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Every Day...


It's that time again:  Friday morning and Lisa-Jo's prompt. 5 minutes, start and stop - no editing, no worries.









GO:

Every day, I wake up glad and grateful to be alive.

Every day, I wonder .... how can I capture the pieces of my life and make sense of them for others to read.

Every day, I am grateful for my husband and his quirks and gifts.

Every day, I am grateful for my kids and their kids - for how they teach me about grace, for how they do their lives so much better than I did at their age.

Every day, I search for God in the echoes of the life I am living now.  
        A life without a set schedule (or at least a seriously less structured schedule); 
        a life without deadlines (most of the time); 
        a life without a congregation to care for and plan events for and occasionally preach and teach for.

But every day, I am more fully aware that the life I live now is not without meaning, purpose or value.

Every day, I come one step closer to relaxing into the life that is mine right now, this life that is looser, freer, less well-planned and organized.

Every day, I think I'm getting closer to getting it - to living it, inhabiting it more fully, experiencing what later life can be.

But every day, I know that I am one day closer to being truly old (I refuse that label just yet, even though I say it a lot).

Every day, I am closer to the end of this life and I want to end it well.  

By God's grace, I'll make it to the tape and leap across with relief and gratitude.

STOP.

These leaves may be gray - but the flowers are still brilliant and cheery.
Here's to letting the colors shine.

Formatting added later, and the photo, too.