Have you ever had a dream?
A crazy, wild, hold-your-breath,
kind of dream?
One that you're pretty sure came from God,
but sorta scares you to death?
My friend Deidra Riggs had exactly that
kind of dream . . .
and she is doing something about it.
Beginning October 1st,
Early-Bird registration will open
for a wonderfully-wild-and-wooly retreat designed
to encourage women of faith in the blogging world.
It will be held April 19-21, 2013 just outside of Omaha, Nebraska
This picture header from the new retreat website
doesn't really fit on my blog page,
but I think it will give you an idea of some of the folks
who are going to be there.
And they're going to be there in order
to encourage all who come to dream big dreams.
As the website nears completion, here are some important details to keep in mind as you think and pray about attending. Details like - dates, cost, and a peek at the retreat center. Clicking on that sentence up there will let you read about the speakers/leaders and the Big Dream ideas that will be the thematic thread of our time together. I am excited! And I'm honored to be there as a Pastor-in-Residence. Any opportunity to become Real Life Community is a gift. And this one is a doozy.
- Early bird registration will begin October 1 and run through October 6.
- The retreat will take place April 19-21, 2013.
- Early bird tickets will be $249 and will include a retreat pass, two nights lodging, and five meals.
- Regular price tickets (purchased after October 6) will be $299.
- A day pass will also be available for those who may live nearby and choose not to stay at the retreat center. The cost for a day pass is $99 (early bird) and $139 (regular price) and will include lunch and dinner on Saturday.
- Ashland, NE is a 30-minute drive from the Omaha airport. We will provide a shuttle from the airport to the retreat center.
- The retreat will be held at the Carol Joy Holling Conference and Retreat Center. Here's a link: http://www.cjhcenter.
- Optional "Be Brave" activities will include the ropes course and zip line, under the supervision and direction of Retreat Center staff members. Participants can add this activity as one of their breakout sessions for an additional $10.
- The event is designed to be casual, cozy, and small — we're planning for about 60 overnight participants, with a possibility of up to 100 total (including those who choose a day pass)