Thursday, November 03, 2011

Chewing on Words...a guest post

From my earliest memory, I have loved books. All kinds of books. I love the sight of them on shelves. I love the sound a new book makes when you open it for the first time. I love the smell of ink on paper. I love books. This love is an inherited one - my mother was a reader, a lover of words. And she encouraged me to love words, too. Especially words that might make me think, that would encourage my imagination, that might open a window into a different space, time, or way of thinking....

Today, I am honored to be guest posting over at Jen Ferguson's place, "FindingHeaven." Jen is the creator of the soli deo gloria sisterhood and a transparent, energetic, authentic follower of Jesus. She has created a series on "Nourishment," asking the question, "What in your life nourishes your spirit, helps you to grow in your faith and helps to connect you to Jesus in a deeper way?" I jokingly commented a couple of months ago that it would be great to see book lists from a number of people so that we might create a 'to read' category based on the real life experiences of others. She surprised me by writing back and assigning me a date to write my own list! This was harder to do than I thought it might be - mostly because the list could go on forever. Right now, as I'm typing this, I am regretting that I did not include Parker Palmer, especially his small gem, "Let Your Life Speak..." So please consider this a work in progress! You can read this post by clicking right here.