Thursday, March 03, 2011

Discovering 'memes'....

There is a whole world of blogdom out there that I haven't had a clue about - not the slightest clue. So...in my retirement weeks, I've been exploring. Kinda interesting, to say the least. And I've found a number of blogs I really like, a few that drive me bonkers and several that offer a weekly invitation to participate on a theme....which I am gathering is what a 'meme' is. I've done a few 5-Minute Fridays from the Gypsy Mama (and if this 'button' from today's adventure works, I'll post her button the next time I try one of her challenges. Not at all sure how to make such buttons line up on one side of the blog - but that's a project for another day. Today, I'm answering the queries listed below:


1. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday so I'm wondering...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay-how about this instead...how do you like your eggs? Or don't you?

I actually LOVE green eggs and ham if the 'green' is avocado in a scrambled mix of goodies. Not crazy about the color, but love the flavor. It's a toss-up between scrambled and over easy on toast or a half baked potato for my favorite way to eat them. Both my mother and my son think I am nuts for liking runny eggs - positively makes them gag. Oh well...

2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?

Where I live, it's been rainy since March opened its doors. Not exactly either lion or lamb. But then, I live on the central coast of California where the seasons are slightly more subtle than in other parts of the world.

3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?

I have always, ALWAYS worked better under pressure. I need deadlines and schedules and assignments. That's why retirement has always seemed such a fearsome thing to me. HELP!! What do I do without all that?? Well, so far, I do pretty much whatever is at hand to do - and that's been kinda nice, actually. So maybe in my old age, I'm giving up the stress-obsess of my past life? Time will tell...

4. March Madness-are you a fan? It's college basketball in case you're wondering. And if you're outside the USA tell us-is there any sort of 'madness' taking place during March in your part of the world?

My husband and son are fans - I am not. I used to be - a little bit. But I'm married to a man who LOVES all things sports - well, almost all things sports - there a few he skips. And at age 66, I'm about done with sports on TV. So, I read, I surf the internet, I watch tivo'd programs, I talk to my kids or my friends. I don't do sports programs very much at all - except for tennis. But once it gets down to the final 4 or so in all that March craziness, I'm interested in who wins - though not quite interested enough to actually watch any of it.

5. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?

It varies. Most often, I think best when I'm alone, sitting in my car on the bluffs above our nearest beach. But often, my thinking is jogged/challenged/excited/spurred/changed by discussion with others whose mouths are as quick as their minds. My mouth is not so much - I need to process a bit - but I enjoy the challenge of discussion and that can often really spur my thinking in good directions.

6. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?

Probably the comfy sweatpants and sweatshirts on my closet shelf this season of the year. Jeans a close second.

7. Do you use sarcasm?

Hmmm....does one 'use' sarcasm? I guess I do - a little. I try not to be truly sarcastic, maybe more ironic?? And if I am sarcastic, it is most often directed at me.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I haven't a CLUE what I'm doing with all this new techno blog stuff - when I preview this written excerpt, it looks as though every line is underlined - and I have absolutely no idea why. Maybe I need to add some schedule to my life and TAKE A CLASS ON ALL THIS!!